Facilities Engineer Trainer
Reporting to : Training Center Manager
Location : Middle East / Asia Pacific / CIS Countries
The Facilities Engineer Trainer will be a recognized senior engineer from one of the disciplines below and will fulfill the requirements described thereafter;
- Process HSE
- Mechanical (Rotating / Static)
- Piping & Layout
- Civil Structural
- Recognized technical qualification and preferably a recognized training certification.
- Minimum of fifteen (15) years of Engineering Design experience in Oil & Gas
- Must have demonstrable experience in site surveys and field engineering
- Must have demonstrable experience of working with latest disciple specific international recognized proprietary engineering software (e.g. Hysis, Flare net, Pipe net, PVE lite, CAESAR-II, ETAP, INTOOLS etc.)
- Preferably two (2) years’ experience as a trainer or coach developing discipline engineering organisations for oil and gas companies
- Preferably be a holder of vocational skills or a train-the-trainer certification.
- Excellent IT & presentations skills
Personal Skills Required:
- Strong teamwork, able to work with multi-national team.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong classroom presentation skills.
- Good interpersonal skills, able to work in multi-culture and multi-company environments
Technical Skills Required:
- Strong upstream / downstream oil & gas technical engineering design background.
- Knowledgeable of / familiar with upstream / downstream oil & gas facilities designs.
- Competent / experienced with oil & gas engineering training & development programs.
- Strong training presentation, coordination, evaluation, & planning skills.
- Competent computer skills; presentation, spreadsheets, document preparation
OIL & GAS TRAINING RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepare training programs and manage presentation materials / equipment.
- Continue to prepare discipline specific engineering content focused on basic oil & gas facilities design.
- Prepare content focused on a specific engineering discipline to facilitate basic to intermediate technical training for the Client.
- Present training material in a professional, interesting, and stimulating manner.
- Ensure all students engage positively in learning experience.
- Assist and encourage students who experience difficulties.
- Assess student’s capabilities and modify program presentation as needed to maximize students learning’s.
- Interface and coordinate training activities with Client, Company, and other personnel to effectively achieve program presentations and completion objectives.
CRAFT ASSESSMENT RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work with Training Manager, Assessors and Verifiers to establish / review assessment criteria.
- Conduct assessments on specific discipline engineering personnel to establish gaps in technical competencies.
- Conduct assessments in a professional, interesting, and stimulating manner.
- Ensure all students engage positively in assessment experience.
- Assist and encourage students to provide evidence of prior formal training and previous work experience.
- Modify assessment process as needed to maximize student’s involvement.
- Interface and coordinate assessment activities with Client, Company, and other personnel to effectively achieve assessment objectives.
- Maintain up to date records of all assessments planned and completed
- Higher National Certificate
- Higher National Diploma
- Engineering Diploma
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Master’s Degree
- Doctorate Degree
PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIP BODY’S
- Civil – Institution of Civil Engineers (ICE)
- Structural – Institution of Structural Engineers (ISE)
- Process – Institution of Chemical Engineers (IChemE)
- Mechanical (Inc. Piping) – Institution of Mechanical Engineers (IMechE)
- Electrical – Institution of Engineering and Technology (IET)
- Instrumentation Control – Institute of Measurement and Control (InstMC)
- NACE International (corrosion engineers)
- Trainer(s) work schedule may vary depending upon operational staff availability.
- Trainer(s) work locations may vary depending upon site instructional requirements