Take orders and serve food and beverages to patrons at tables in dining establishment. Check with customers to ensure that they are enjoying their meals and take action to correct any problems.
· Check with customers to ensure that they are enjoying their meals and take action to correct any problems.
· Collect payments from customers.
· Write patrons’ food orders on order slips, memorize orders, or enter orders into computers for transmittal to kitchen staff.
· Prepare checks and ensure that all consumed items are listed on checks.
· Take orders of patrons for food and beverages
· Serve food or beverages to patrons, and prepare or serve specialty dishes at tables as required.
· Present menus to patrons and answer questions about menu items, making recommendations upon request.
· Clean tables or counters after patrons have finished dining.
· Prepare hot, cold, and mixed drinks for patrons.
· Place silverware, set up food stations and set up dining areas to prepare for the next shift or for larger parties or bookings
· Inform patrons of daily specials.
· Stock service areas with supplies such as condiments, tableware etc
· Explain how various menu items are prepared, describing ingredients and cooking methods
· Prepare tables for meals, including setting up items such as silverware and glassware.
· Remove dishes and glassware from tables and counters, take them to the kitchen for washing.
· Assist management by answering phone calls to take reservations and to-go orders, and by greeting, seating and thanking guests.
· Perform cleaning duties, such as sweeping and mopping floors, tidying up service stations, taking out trash and cleaning the service areas.
· Ensure correct glassware and silverware are present for service.
· Escort guests to their tables.
· Fill salt, pepper, sugar, honey and table sauces for service.
· Describe and recommend drinks to all patrons.
· Provide guests about local attractions and assist with directions.
Job Type: Full-time. Click to apply