Teacher assistants typically do the following:
– Reinforce lessons presented by teachers by reviewing material with students one-on-one or in small groups
– Enforce school and class rules to help teach students proper behavior
– Help teachers with recordkeeping, such as tracking attendance and calculating grades
– Help teachers prepare for lessons by getting materials ready or setting up equipment, such as computers
– Help supervise students in class, between classes, during lunch and recess, and on field trips
Teacher assistants need to discuss students’ progress with teachers, so they need to be able to communicate well.
Teacher assistants interact with a variety of people, including teachers, students, parents, and administrators. They need to develop good working relationships with the people they work with.
Working with students of different abilities and backgrounds can be difficult. Teacher assistants must be patient with students who struggle with material.
To reinforce lessons, teacher assistants must explain information to students in a way that meets each student’s learning style.
CV to: email@example.com
Apply now to Teacher Assistant